The new DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay has double the features with the cool new double-wide chassis. The Rubberneck boasts over a second of warm and musical 100% analog repeats you crave, along with tap-tempo, subdivisions, and tails. Double concentric knobs give you independent control of the Modulation Rate and Depth as well as Gain and Tone of the delay.
Double footswitches allow for unique extended features like user customizable momentary control of oscillation and momentary control of the dizzying pitch sweep of “Rubbernecking.” These extended features are controlled by individual clear mini knobs that double as multi-color LED status indicators. Feedback loop send/return, remote footswitch control, true bypass, and rugged metal construction, make the Rubberneck Analog Delay the must have delay of the year.
The Rubberneck also has jacks to allow FS3X 3-button remote foot switching, and a send and return so you can add external effects to the delay path.
The DOD Rubberneck uses a 9VDC power supply to easily integrate into your existing pedalboard.
|Safety and Quick Start Guide-English||809 KB||Feb 21, 2017|
|How It Works||479 KB||Jan 19, 2017|
|DOD Rubberneck Owner's Manual-English||1.39 MB||May 16, 2017|
If any of the links above result in strange characters in your browser, please right-click the file to save it to your computer.
- Up to 1.5 Seconds of Analog Delay
- Tap Tempo with 3 Tap Ratio selections
- Rubbernecking allows ‘rubber band’ stretched delay performance
- Modulation Speed and Depth controls
- Delay Gain and Tone controls
- Regen footswitch provides performance control of repeats
- Loop Send/Return inserts effects into delay feedback path
- Delay Tails and Dry Signal defeat options
- Remote footswitch input for added performance control
- True Bypass
DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay Tips and Tricks:
“Repeat Hold” and the Regen Momentary Repeats Knob Connection
- When a suitable momentary Regen Adjust setting has been found you may want to keep it going to either play over (by bypassing the Rubberneck with Tails ON) or to add to the mayhem. This is accomplished by holding down the Tap-Tempo footswitch to allow regen to begin, then turning the repeats knob to roughly 3:00 and then release the momentary. The repeating part will continue to play and can be manipulated on the fly.
Simulating Tape Delay
- To simulate flutter and stretch, set the Rate at ~1:00 and the Depth at ~2:30-3:00
- Set the tone @ ~1:30-2:00, this will cut the bass on successive repeats like a tape delay.
- By turning up the Gain control
- By turning up the Tone control
- Turn down the Repeats control
- Turn down the Gain control
- Keep the Momentary Regen Adjust all the way counter-clockwise, then when you hold down the momentary control it will kill any current regen/oscillation
Tapping in Tempo While Bypassed
- Tap Tempo is still being sensed when the Rubberneck is bypassed, so tempos can be set at any time.
Initial Repeat Too “Crunchy”
- With very sharp and loud pick attack the input to the BBD may be hot enough to cause distortion, while this is part of the sound of the Rubberneck, it can also be minimized. To help smooth the repeat attack try setting the Gain control to ~9:00. This will round-off the initial attack transient.
Neato Modulation Anomalies
- There are a couple of locations in the travel of the Modulation Depth where the modulation nulls and the waveform gets a little chaotic just before and just after the null. We chose to keep these in because there are some very cool sounds to be found on either side of the null.
Optional FS3X 3-Button Footswitch Control
The optional FS3X controls the following features from Left to Right:
Switch 1: Instant Rubbernecking
Switch 2: Modulation on/off
Switch 3: Tap Tempo (momentary hold for Oscillation)
|Dimensions||5.00” (L) x 4.68” (W) x 2.17” (H) / 122mm (L) x 119mm (W) x 55mm (H)|
|Weight||~1.12 lbs. / 0.508 kgs.|
|Input||(1) ¼” Instrument|
|Send / Return||(1) ¼” TRS Send (Tip) / Return (Ring)|
|Output||(1) ¼” Instrument|
|External 3-Button Footswitch Input||(1) ¼” TRS Instrument|
|Power Supply||9V DC Optional Power Supply|